Vaughan is awaiting the opening of the brand-new Mackenzie Vaughan Hospital, the first to be built in York Region in the last 30 years! Mackenzie Glen will be a unique development, as it will be the first hospital in Canada to feature fully integrated “smart” technology systems and medical devices. The project costs around 1.6 billion dollars, being 1.2 million sq. ft. and offering 330 – 550 hospital beds. This will surely improve the quality of life for residents in Vaughan!
The smart technology devices and systems will be able to speak directly to one another in order to maximize information exchange. This is an extremely innovative development, as Mackenzie Vaughan takes the initiative to re-vision its care delivery model and embrace digital communications, ultimately creating a more connected, successful patient experience.
The Hospital will Include:
- A state-of-the-art emergency department
- Modern surgical services and operating rooms
- Advanced diagnostic imaging
- Specialized ambulatory clinics and intensive care beds
- Medicine, Birthing (Obstetrics), Pediatrics, Mental Health and the York Region District Stroke Centre
- Approximately 90 per cent single occupancy acute-care patient rooms for infection prevention and control
The hospital is located in a convenient spot at the northwest corner of Jane and Major Mackenzie Drive. It will be easy and fast to get to, as it connects to Highways 400, 407 and 401.
Live in one of the most innovative, developing cities by making Vaughan your home. For exclusive VIP access to condos in Vaughan, contact us today!